I’ve stolen Lynn’s Christmas quiz, more about my life….
1. Wrapping Paper or Gift Bags?
Wrapping paper, I love wrapping gifts. Often the wrapping is better than the present.
2. Real tree or artificial?
Real. The smell. Real evergreen smell. Worth all the bother.
3. When do you put up the tree?
Sometime the week before Christmas. It doesn’t need to be up until after my party, which is after Christmas.
4. When do you take down the tree?
Shortly after the party. It starts to get on my nerves.
5. Do you like Egg Nog?
6. Favorite gift received as a child?
Was I still a child at 15? If I was, it was that great fringey leather jacket. Want to see it? I still have it.
7. Do you have a nativity scene?
Yes. No. Kind of. Two flamingo salt shakers and a small nest with an egg. And the wiseasauruses.
8. Hardest person to buy for?
Stepfather, brother in law, men in general.
9. Easiest person to buy for?
Sister. She likes cool stuff.
10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
I make it a point not to remember bad presents.
11. Mail or email Christmas Cards?
Mail. 90 of them. Love getting them, and sending them. Handmade, every one.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
Scrooge, aka A Christmas Carol, the 1951 version, with Alastair Sim as Ebenezer Scrooge. Best Scrooge ever. Wonderful as a curmudgeon, even better at the end when he is redeemed.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
I start making stuff in August. I start buying stuff when the stuff I’m making starts looking like it won’t work out.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
Not a Christmas present…..
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
My mother’s homemade fudge, except she doesn’t make it anymore, I do, so I guess my homemade fudge.
16. Clear lights or coloured?
White on the tree, chunky color bulbs outside. Old hand-me-down lights.
17. Favorite Christmas Song?
Darlene Love, Christmas (baby please come home). She does it every year on Letterman, find the old ones on youtube, they are sensational! Looks like it won’t happen this year, with the writer’s strike. Rats.
18. Travel or stay home at Christmas?
Home. Always home.
19. Can you name all of Santa’s Reindeer?
Dancer, Dasher, Donner, Blitzen, Comet, Cupid, Prancer, Vixen, Rudolph, Happy, Grumpy, Sneezy, Greed, Lust, Right to bear arms…..
20. Angel or Star on the top of the tree?
Whatever someone makes out of pipe cleaners and puts on the top. Did I mention all the decorations are pipe cleaners?
21. Open Christmas Eve or Morning?
Christmas eve at Mark’s parents, Christmas day at my mom’s.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year?
Bad, drippy music, specifically “Holly Jolly Christmas” by Burl Ives.
23. What’s the corniest family tradition you do or miss doing?
Don’t miss anything corny, just miss my dad.
24. What’s the worst thing you’ve seen related to Christmas?
Working retail, dealing with the public. Too many stories to recount.
25. Which looks best, theme trees or homey trees?
I’ve always been a fan of theme trees, especially if the theme is pipe cleaners.
26. Gingerbread or Sugar Cookies?
Chocolate chip. Then sugar. Then gingerbread.
27. Do you like fruitcake?